Maratopia is Recruiting for an SEO Lead
Are you a fully rounded digital marketer looking to progress. Or maybe you’re an experienced digital marketing account or project manager. You may be a great all rounder (in SEO) wanting to get to the next level and build the next stage of your career. If so this role could be ideal for you.
- be capable of working with our SEO, Content, PPC, Dev & Design teams, drawing together strategies, scheduling the work and representing the company to our largest clients with the Account Managers.
- have a good understanding of all aspects of SEO (PPC is a nice to have)
- be well organised and methodical
- be good with spreadsheets and potentially project tools (nice to have)
- have a thirst for knowledge
- be analytical and methodical
- ideally good in front of client
- have worked in an agency in SEO
- from a smaller agency looking to progress
- in a larger agency looking for a more senior role
- possibly you have been an SEO exec or project managed SEO campaigns or had a SEO speciality within an agency
- Flexible working hours (to suit your life and commute) , a great office, the opportunity for both remote work and occasional travel. We currently work Monday and Friday in the office and some prefer to also work on Wednesday too.
- Career progression: you’ll join a small successful team that we will be looking to grow, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with our largest and most diverse clients and the future remuneration opportunities will grow as the agency continues to grow.
Package subject to experience
- Basic Salary £30k - £40K (possibly more for the ideal candidate)
- Profit share OTE £1,200 PA
- Vocational bonuses worth £2,400 PA (Analytics and Adwords Certifications)
- Cash back Health Scheme
- We’re an ambitious mid sized digital marketing agency located in St George’s Square Huddersfield, right next to the train station
- Our services include: SEO, PPC, Social Media, Outreach, Web Design (properly SEOd)
- We are on target to double in size this year, this presents great opportunities for all
- Our vision is “To be our clients’ most trusted partner” this means transparency, excellent communications and delivery and a forensic obsession with their performance
- We have an eclectic mix of growing challenger brand clients (national and international) along with ambitious local clients
- We work hard, work smart, look for continual improvement, self and assisted learning and aim to support each other
- We like a cooked breakfast on Fridays; to celebrate the end of the week with a success round up with a drink and some snacks; the odd social outing and BBQ.
You’ll do well if:
- You’re self motivated, want to improve and are ambitious
- Are a good communicator and presenter
- Professional and methodical
- Have digital marketing knowledge with a thirst to improve it
SEO Lead - Job Description
Reports to: Managing Director
Main Skill Sets
- SEO knowledge is a must, PPC knowledge,( while direct hands-on experience is nice, it is not a requirement). Analytical, forensic approach to campaign analysis, site review and strategy building. Good knowledge of the importance of content to digital marketing Experience of more organic outreach / digital PR would be a bonus It would be ideal to be good in front of customer and comfortable presenting / speaking Good people person and people manager and able to build relationships Ability to strategise, taking clients’ goals and provide a marketing campaign that will achieve them Ability to implement - take the planned marketing campaigns, implement them successfully, and provide feedback and critical analysis of their effectiveness Ability to manage the teams - it’s vital that the teams continue to be nurtured and developed, and that they operate as a single team. Project management skills or a methodical professional approach is vital
The aim of this section is to highlight the key requirements of this job role.
- Deliver results for clients to enable them to grow and to enable us to retain and grow their account with us
- Obsess about our own website performance
- Develop our own service offerings
- You’ll work with the Account Managers and may need to supply analysis for pitches as required
- To work with and co-ordinate the client facing and the delivery teams to deliver excellent strategies, campaigns and results for clients
- To keep at the forefront of industry best practice
- Potentially, assisting with the preparation of analysis and pitching for new prospects and our largest clients
- Responsible for the timely delivery of client reports
- Manage and work with our SEO Exec (who currently works remotely)
- Required to deliver projects or work as required by the company that may be outside of the main scope of your job description
- Conduct regular face-to-face, video and phone meetings with our clients and support the client facing team
- Proactively scrutinise the performance of our clients, and make suggestions for work/change of strategy where necessary
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues internally
- Work with internal and external tools and softwares such as Raven, MoZ, SEM Rush Majestic and SpyFu etc, being comfortable to recommend alternatives to these suppliers
The aim of this section is to highlight the extra responsibilities required as a manager with direct reports.
- Planning the monthly workflow of the SEO team i.e. setting tasks for Outreach, SEO and Content
- Ensure that time recorded for client campaigns is accurate and self explanatory
- Ensure the profitability of a campaign
- Warn about issues regarding delivery, such as results, resources, competitors
- Seek opportunities with client campaigns to show good results and to seek extensions or broadening of campaigns.
Success Criteria & KPIs
The aim of this section is to highlight important drivers and success factors
- Account retention - delivering great results for clients
- Account growth - identifying needs and opportunities to grow the clients’ businesses
- Business development - providing analysis and assisting in pitches
- Team development and performance
- Personal development
- The extent to which you solve rather than bring problems
- Client reviews and testimonials
- Gross profit
- Client results
- Performance of our website
- Extent to which problems are resolved rather than brought
Great! Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].