5 strategy tips for successful SEO blogger outreach
What is SEO blogger outreach?
SEO blogger outreach is a strategy that involves partnering with established bloggers to publish quality content on their trusted and high-traffic blogs. This builds links for your website and boosts your search engine rankings.
By writing blogs on popular websites with a high domain authority, your business can benefit from link juice – that magical mix of increased website traffic, brand awareness and lead generation.
Blogger outreach is therefore an essential component of SEO and an activity that any ambitious online business should actively engage with.
Why use bloggers for outreach?
In the past decade, writing a blog has become much more than a hobby – it’s a monetized internet phenomenon, with more than 500 million blogging websites out there publishing countless new posts every day.
The rising popularity of blogs has seen the blogger’s role evolve from that of a mere web writer to a consumer influencer who is trusted and respected by the public. In fact, according to Medium, 81% of consumers trust advice and information that they receive from blogs.
In essence, bloggers have exactly what any motivated and driven business deeply desires – a loyal and engaged following.
But with more and more businesses becoming switched on and clued up to the benefits of SEO blogger outreach, just how do you hook up with brilliant bloggers and win their support?
This blog will walk you through five expert tips to create a robust SEO blogger outreach strategy that makes your business soar online.
Pop on the kettle and settle down with our on-point pro tips.
1. Find influential and relevant websites for your blogger outreach pieces
The first step in creating a successful SEO blogger outreach strategy is identifying the bloggers who are best placed to help promote your brand and its offering. Here are a few factors to bear in mind:
- Finding the right blogging platform for your business requires a lot of research – this primarily involves reading blogs to learn more about the owner and decide if their vision and interests align with those of your business. You should focus your search on bloggers writing for your particular niche, so that your blog pitch will meet their editorial requirements and your posts will slot smoothly and naturally into their site.
- The other benefit of writing posts for relevant blogs within your niche is that it gives you access to an audience that is likely already interested in what you have to offer. It’s therefore a fantastic opportunity for you to drive high-intent visitors to your website who can become qualified leads and, in time, paying customers.
- There are a multitude of ways to find bloggers on the internet, but Google search and social media are good starting points. For example, if there’s a popular industry website that you’d be interested in writing a blog for, you can use Google to find out who the webmaster is and contact them with a polite proposal. You can then use social media to gauge their influence and authority by looking at the level of engagement their posts get and how large their following is.
- Finally, use tools like SEMrush to assess the trust flow and traffic of the blogger’s site – this will reveal just how juicy the resulting links will really be and help you decide whether they’re a worthwhile partner who can help you climb the ranks of engines like Google.
2. Write captivating blogger outreach content
Search engines like Google crave well-structured content that expertly untangles tricky consumer queries with ease. Here are a few ideas to help you get started on your content creation journey:
- SEO blogger outreach is your opportunity to deliver delightfully delicious content to search engines by publishing content on high ranking sites that demonstrates your expertise and provides pertinent advice, information and entertainment which appeals to your target audience.
- If you’re not entirely sure what content topics will be most useful to readers, it’s worth looking at popular previous posts on the blogging platform to get your blog brain ticking. For example, when writing an outreach blog for a travel site, you might spot that a blog on summer travel tips attracted a lot of engagement and decide that an accompanying winter travel tips piece would be a good fit.
- In addition to this, you should also consider if there are gaps in the content of the blog which you can fill. If you can highlight these in a tactful manner, it shows the blogger that you’ve taken the time to read their blog and that your new material will add real authentic value to their site.
- If you want your blog content to be data-driven from the very start, you should considering using tools like Buzzsumo and AnswerThePublic to help you generate content ideas based on the relevant topics, keywords and questions people are currently chatting about online.
3. Use social media platforms to amplify outreach blogs
SEO blogger outreach is a long-term strategy where you should continually look for new blogging platforms to promote your business so that it remains relevant in the eyes of consumers and search engines alike.
But don’t be tempted to fall into the trap of using the same stale email template for every outreach blogger pitch. Webmasters for high quality websites will find their inboxes bulging with requests, so a fresh, memorable and personalised pitch will stand out from the crowd and emphasise that any new relationship will be mutually beneficial. Here’s some advice on differentiating yourself:
- Reach out in an empathic, conversational and respectful way by using their name, referring to background details garnered from their blog posts or onsite profile and, if you’ve followed the previous tip (engaging with them on social), you can also remind them of your existing connection. For example, starting with “Hi Alex, my name is Sarah. I’m a fellow dog lover and I’ve been reading your pet care blog for the past three months” is a pretty sweet and subtle approach that immediately sets them at ease.
- Including some guest post content ideas in your initial pitch can also help increase your chances of success – just ensure that they’re tailored to the blogging site by reading submission guidelines, scanning the ‘About Us’ section and checking past posts.
4. Personalise your blogger outreach pitch
Social media is the perfect place to build relationships with bloggers before suggesting a formal blogger outreach partnership. Since social platforms are the spaces where brands and individuals mix most freely, they’re tailor-made for maximising the impact of any blog. Here are a couple of ways to break the ice and introduce yourself:
- The most effective method of engagement is commenting, but your comment should be more than just a brief “nice blog”– it should be substantive, add constructively to the conversation and prove you’re engaged with the topic. For instance, something along the lines of “I really enjoyed your blog, especially point 2, where you discussed research methods” should go down well.
- Social media is also a great place to discover diverse opportunities for blogger outreach. For example, you can use Twitter to search for hashtags used by writers looking for help, combined with a keyword for your industry, such as #JournoRequest or #HARO (Help A Reporter Out). Furthermore, you can search “Guest Post + Relevant Keyword (e.g. SEO tips)” to identify bloggers who accept blogger outreach posts.
5. Promote your outreach blog
A lot of work goes into securing a strong blogger outreach partnership and the hard graft doesn’t stop once you’ve written your post – you then need to consider the ways in which you’ll promote the blog. These steps will help:
- The blogger will most likely promote the blog as it’s on their site, but if you simultaneously publicise it by sharing on social media, replying to comments and getting colleagues to follow suit, it can significantly increase the reach of your content and help ensure that your hard work is utilised to its full potential.
- If you’re a member of a local Chamber of Commerce or business networking group, you may be able to share your latest outreach blogs on their website and further extend the reach of your blog. This is particularly useful in the B2B sphere.
Final thoughts on SEO blogger outreach
SEO blogger outreach helps you satisfy search engines and build relationships with a ready-made audience of new customers who are predisposed to your services and products and primed for conversions like newsletter sign ups and sales.
However, to grab the best bang for your blogging buck, it’s essential that your strategy is underpinned by research and that you take the time to build a rapport with the trustworthy bloggers you want to work with on a long-term basis.
These five SEO blogger outreach strategy tips will add a dynamic, results-driven dimension to your digital marketing mix – you can thank us later!
Want to chat about quality SEO blogger outreach? Contact us today.